Wednesday, August 10, 2011

{road-trip checklist}

I'm a planner, therefore I make a lot of lists.  I have to-do lists, grocery lists, wish lists, packing lists, etc.  Because we have an upcoming road trip planned, I made a list of my must have items to make the long car ride more tolerable.


1. {audiobooks} "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac & anything by Chelsea Handler keep me entertained.  My husband enjoys financial audiobooks which put me to Zzzzz :-)

*available at iTunes.com for download to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod


2. Nap blanket, eyemask & pillow
*available at brookstone.com


3. {Playlist} upbeat songs like "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson are sure to help pass the time.


4. Ice chest- with drinks & sandwiches & snacks


5. Hand sanitizing wipes & trash bag


6. Comfy clothing & flip flops


7. {Reusable cups} much greener than the styrofoam ones at gas stations


8. {iPad/laptop/dvd player} so I can play scrabble with mom or watch a movie


9. Yankee candle car freshner- especially if you're riding with boys- trust me!


10. {1st aid kit} because ya never know


11. {Magazines/books} My favorite guilty pleasure magazines include Us Weekly & People Style Watch; other favs are Self & Women's Health, which have great fitness & nutrition info. 


I am hoping to finally finish "The Bell Jar'' by Sylvia Plath. 


There you have it, my essentials for a pleasant road trip.  Happy travels!

3 comments:

  1. Where route are you taking for your road-trip? Crystalle and I plan on taking one next June, and I'm pretty excited about it! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are headed to NOLA, then Destin! Can't wait. I love the beach. Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to reply to this post twice at work on two different occasions but it was being a pain. So, here is my delayed response:

    We are planning on doing a road trip next June. Drive up to Seattle through CO, WY, etc, then down the west coast, and then back through the desert. We only have 10 days, so it might be too ambitious, but we'll see. The plan is to spend a couple of days in probably Seattle and San Francisco and just drive through the rest. Just see the western US through the windshield. Did your road trip go well?

    ReplyDelete