Thursday, July 28, 2011

{salsa fresca}


I love making fresh salsa.  It's so much better than the store bought kind.  This recipe is just fantastic. Enjoy!

I start with fresh ingredients....the colors are so beautiful, don't you think?


I get these "sunbursts" at Sam's in bulk.  They're great in salads or with hummus too


These are the tools I use


This vegetable chop from williams-sonoma is handy



I love my citrus reamer from williams-sonoma; it gets all the juice and the pulp.  If you're into that sort of thing. 


Wash and spin your cilantro leaves in a salad & herb spinner



So fresh; I heart cilantro


Cut a jalapeno in half and remove seeds & white membranes- leave a few if you think you can take the heat and add to blender or food processor  


Add 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves to your blender


Yum


Add 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes


1/3 cup chopped yellow onion


Press 2-3 cloves of garlic and add 


Getting close...


I just love the vibrant colors


After combining your ingredients- pulse a few times (not too much)


Allow foam to settle from the pulsing


taste test...mmm


ladle with funnel into a pretty jar



Secure with lid & ring.  You can eat right away or refrigerate for up to 1 week.  XOXO




Salsa Fresca

1/3 yellow onion
2 c yellow cherry tomatoes
1 jalapano
1/2 lime with pulp
4 campari tomatoes
1 c cilantro
2-3 cloves garlic

makes 1.5 pints



3 comments:

  1. Cute blog, Jessi! I need to know how you made your site so cute! Great stuff so far. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks. It's a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! Looks delish...I can't wait to try!! :)

    ReplyDelete