Friday, January 6, 2012

ebelskivers

I know it has been a while since my last post- I have been uber busy.  I thought I should start the new year off right with a post about my New 


Years gift from the hubs.  I have been wanting an 
"ebelskiver" pan ever since my friend Candice made these delicious filled pancakes for us during a girl's weekend in Dallas.  You can fill them with whatever you wish- strawberries & cream cheese, blueberries, or one of my favs- strawberry-rhubarb jam! My husband had the idea to fill them with scrambled egg & bacon, yum.  On medium heat, you fill the pan with a dab of butter per hole, drop 1 Tbsp of pancake batter in and cook for ~3 mins.  Insert a dollop of your favorite filling and top with another 1Tbsp of batter.  Flip the filled pancakes with these handy little turners and cook for ~3 mins on the other side.  Voila! Serve with a side of warm maple syrup for dipping.  Ebelskiver pan and turners available from Williams-Sonoma.  

3 comments:

  1. Yummm. You will have so much fun making these and coming up with new ideas. I've made savory ebelskivers too. One of my favorites was cornbread with jalepenos and cheese. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm is right! Those look great! I may have to add an ebelskiver pan to my wish list.
    (Glad you started posting again, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice, that sounds awesome. Will definitely have to try that.

    Thanks Liz!

    ReplyDelete